Also called spiaggia di Lucaise (Lucaise beach), its located between the beaches of Bobba and Geniò. Characterized by rocks and gravel, it has transparent and shimmering waters of a turquoise color that will stand out in front of the small island of the Geniò and in front of le Colonne.
Uncrowded even in high season it's the ideal beach for those seeking privacy and relaxation.
It can be reached by taking the Provincial Road 103, starting from the center of Carloforte following the road to the beaches. After the Bobba proceed following the directions and continue into the dirt road.
There isn't an organized parking area, the beach doesn't have any services and there is no lifeguard rescue.
Because of difficult access due to a dirt path on a steep slope it is not suitable for children, the elderly and people with reduced mobility.
Link to Article - THE BEACH OF LUCCHESE
The largest number of tuna fished in a single fishing session (the traditional name is “mattanza”) was 2047. It took place in May 31, 1909, and is still referred to as "du Lallan", the nickname of Angelo Pomata who was the Rais of Isola Piana, who commanded and directed the record breaking Mattanza.
Although it may seem incredible, due to the potential danger, major accidents have never occurred during the numerous mattanze, mainly due to dexterity of the fishermen. The only known accident with fatal consequences occurred in 1914.& Continua...
There is something different about Carloforte, something that even first-time visitors feel when they embark on the ferry that will carry them to the island, that tells them they are entering a very special “world”. Those who already know something about the history and anthropological facts that characterize the town and the community will also feel this sense of anticipation, that they are going somewhere very special.
The first thing that immediately catches the attention of the traveler is the accent of the islanders. Ancient and particular, you will not hear it spoken anywhere Continua...
Capo Sandalo, situated on the western tip of the island of San Pietro, is an extraordinary cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
Here stands the lighthouse of the same name, built in 1864 with blocks of stone carved with a chisel and constructed in a cylindrical tower that supports an optical rotating lens with a focal length of 700 mm.
The lighthouse emits a group of four white flashes every 20 seconds; it has a light range of 34 miles and a geographical range of 24 miles.
Visible from 322 ° to 191 ° and 311 ° to 322 ° to the Continua...